Abstract

Based on Decree of the Minister of Marine Affairs and Fisheries No. KEP.45/MEN/2011 regarding the Estimation of Fish Resources Potency in Fisheries Management Areas in Republic of Indonesia (WPPNRI), Indonesia has eleven WPPNRIs with total potencies of 6.520.100 tons year-1. Maluku is located on three WPPNRIs namely WPPNRI 714, 715 and 718 with potencies of 1.729.100 tons year-1 or approximately 26.52% of the total national fish potencies, therefore Maluku is highly potential as an exporter of Tuna and other species. From the aspect of quality, fish has perishable characteristics so the product life cycle becomes shorter. The promptness and accuracy of handling becomes a very important element. The key factor is cold chain system, which is able to guarantee the quality of TTC since catching to export. The quality of TTC export should meet international standards, regional standards (the importing country) and Indonesian national standard (SNI). The question now is, how TTC cold chain system in Maluku is able to meet TTC export grade according to the three standards mentioned above. It requires a model of quality improvement strategy of TTC in Maluku to meet the TTC export standards. This study aims to formulate a model of quality improvement strategy in the TTC cold chain system in Maluku. The method used is Fuzzy Expert System (FES) with a combination of fuzzy logic and weight product. There are two inputs used in this process, namely the variables of quality of fish and fish processing. The output generated is several quality improvement strategies of fish and its processing. From the analysis results, after the quality improvement in the cold chain system according the recommendation from FES, grade A increased by 6% and grade B by 3%, meaning that the total TTC export grade (grade A and grade B) increased by 9% compared to before the quality improvement.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)1154-1166
Number of pages13
JournalAACL Bioflux
Volume9
Issue number5
Publication statusPublished - 30 Oct 2016

Keywords

  • Fuzzy expert systems
  • Maluku
  • Quality
  • Tuna and other species
  • Weight product

Fingerprint

Dive into the research topics of 'Model of strategy quality improvement of tuna and other species in the cold chain system (Fuzzy expert systems approach)'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this